Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Damn the Torpedoes"

I have always been one to forge on in the face of adversity. Even if a fight can not be won, I can not but fight it. Somehow that, to me, is honorable. Rather than in the result, it is in the clamour that I see the valour.

Occasionally I'll run across someone older than me who will say, "Well, " with a wry smile, "You're still young." As if to say that the fight will get beaten out of me. That once I get older and not so "young" anymore, I'll let things slide. I hope not. I hope I'm still spitting nails and biting concrete even when I'm eighty...if I make it that long.

These days, I'd settle to politely bow out at 32.

4 Comments:

Blogger dyrector said...

I know I've been one of those you "older" ones you referred to in your post (usually said in jest). But it's not so much the fight gets taken out of you, it's more that you begin to pick those battles that are really worth fighting. I think I proved last year that I still have some fight in me even at the ripe old age 46-47, as you know.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope this will be bold and i hope this will be in italics and i don't know what the "a" stands for but i bet it will be something that i should have known and will subsequently feel stupid for not having known.
love, the fugly qos

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, i don't feel necessarily STUPID.
sorry. caps lock.
what a retard.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have too much in common with my boyfriend.... I'm starting to wonder about that...

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home