Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Three Promises"

No Condemnation

No Politcs

You Will Be Better


- or -

No Condemnation - for those in Christ. Other than that....

No Politics - that are not resoved in a Godly, humble manner

You Will Be Better - if only for reaizing how bad you are


Christ's death and resultant atonement are not a self-help starter kit. To be in a relationship with Christ is work like no other. It is a daily mortification of your own desires that, willingly or not, you put aside for his. It is not a relationship I enter to "get something" out of it, but one in which I give all with no regard to what I will receive. I give because I am commanded...not because I always want. I work because I am told...not because I feel like it. I do all that I do because that is what he wants, which is more important than what I want. "Because I said so" is sufficient. To Nineva will I go. That is my relationship. I exist to be used. Though he slay me...and he often times does.

But we can't put that on our signs...it doesn't put bodies in the pews.

Matthew 23:33-39

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan Strange: said...

Thank you for that post. That sign is driving me crazy!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Crazy Crystal said...

it would help if i we literate and knew what a double entendre was...

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home