Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Decidedly Presbyterian Christmas

Being Reformed in my faith and theology has led me to best express my personal relationship with Abba Yahweh in the context of a PCA congregation. Each successive year brings a different nuance to the celebration of the Christ-child. This year, it has been a realization that the Gloria, while annuncitory as it may be, is a reaffirmation of God's love specific to the Remnant of Israel, bought in Christ.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." or as is also a majority translation, "among [men] [those] with whom He is [well] pleased."

As one of those on whom his favor rests, that must mean that in me is he well pleased...and that is a gift that, even should I want to, I would be unable to regift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home