Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Firelight at Night

I've been sick going on about a month now and finally am getting over it...only, apparently, having given it to my wife. Some NyQuil and a cough drop later, she passed out on the sofa. As I descended from the study, in the glow of our Christmas tree and dwindling fire, I saw her on the sofa, wrapped in a fleece throw, with the dying firelight dancing on her face and I fell in love all over again.

I rebuilt the fire, turned on some Christmas music for her to sleep by, kissed her on the forehead and returned to the study to work again. It's strange to be a husband. I was just getting accustomed to being a boyfriend...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it seems as if your life is filled with pockets of happiness, to which you should hold tightly.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home