Sunday, November 19, 2006

Time for a Schaub

I have been an Atlanta Falcons fans since before Vick was even playing college ball. I remember Chris Chandler. I remember Jeff George. Heck, I even remember Chris Miller...but just barely. I remember the team before the Cardiac Kid came to down and ran us into the dirt. I remember the swell of hope I had when lil' Jimmy came in to bring us out of the slumps under the considerable nose of Mr. Blank-sent in to sniff out the problem. I thought things were looking up when we got this kid from VT...and then...the hype happened.

People ask me how I can hate Michael Vick. My answer? I'm not a Michael Vick fan. I'm a Falcons fan. And, in a Frostian way, that has made all the difference.

2 Comments:

Blogger dyrector said...

Being a VA Tech rooter (not really a fan, just a native Virginian with some VT ties), I find myself at odds with the Vick lovers myself. I haven't ever been overly impressed with Vick, either. He has wonderful and even quite literally marvelous physical skills, but he has seemed to be ... how should I say it? ...

... not the sharpest tool in the shed
... not the brightest bulb in the pack
... not the sharpest crayon in the box
... about as sharp as a marble
... a few peas short of a casserole
... a fuse short of a full circuit
... ten cents short of a dollar
... one bit short of a byte
... etc., etc.

So, being a native Virginian, I can go with Schaub, a product of UVa. :-) He seems to be much better suited to the West Coast offense than Vick. So, I guess I agree with you even though I'm no Falcons fan.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally I find it hard to love a player in which you can chant, "Let's go Mexico!" when you're not watching the World Cup.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home