Saturday, February 24, 2007

On relationships...

"My great admiration and love of nature's creations took me out to Africa in early youth and there, through the real contact with all these wonders, I got to admire and love it even more. I found out while bringing up animals that the most different species will form friendships and be inseparable friends, and that no animal can live without society, or without a true companion. The loss of this friend after a long separation will break its heart, or the the meeting with its friend after a long separation will make it wild with joy. In the world of animals I have experienced love, gratitude, fidelity, attachment - all the beauties of the soul - and very often I felt inclined to think what wonderful examples were thus set to the lord of creation, man."

-Kalman Kittenberger
Big Game Hunting and Collecting in East Africa, 1903-1926

3 Comments:

Blogger this is fact, not fiction said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

i keep reading this over and over again. every time i do, something new stands out, making me at a loss as to what i should comment.

so perhaps i don't need to.

((but i just did anyway))

11:48 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Yes, yes I do. Thanks. :)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home