Thursday, April 19, 2007

Neurological Contusion

I want nothing more than to do nothing more than I want. I want, more than anything, to do more than just anything. I envision excellence and superiority, clouded in the mire of mediocrity. I long for the simple, having been eschewed by the complex. I need more, having less. Having less, I'm given more. I want nothing but rest and am given nothing but work. I see pain and feel joy. I experience burdens with unassailable joy only to have my joy assailed.

"Like if I stopped making such a noise all the time.....I might hear something nice."

4 Comments:

Blogger Megan Strange: said...

ouch...I think I have a neurological contusion now just from reading that :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger this is fact, not fiction said...

what is it that gives you unassailable joy which ends up assailed?

11:47 AM  
Blogger this is fact, not fiction said...

you perplex me. i think you enjoy being cryptic, n'est pas?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

sometimes, the absurdity of beckett perfectly describes my life.

speaking of absurdity, this post is decidedly confusing. so much so, i have no idea what to comment :)

i didn't really understand what you meant by the plant analogy. could you explain further?

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home